Motivation

Motivation

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thursday pm brick, last one before WLH

I had planned on this happening a little earlier in the afternoon, but it didn't want to come together. I also had planned to clean the bike before the ride, but that didn't happen either. Thus, I rode a nasty, grimy, gunked-chain bike for 28 miles. On the plus side, I did wear the Team Zoot Gu uniform, and the fit/function is really nice. It will work well on race days. I didn't quite get to simulate the swim to bike transition, but I know what needs to happen there. Get out of the water, get out of the wetsuit, get on the bike. T2 was pretty good. I will definitely install Yankz in the shoes this weekend, as I lost a good 20 seconds tying my shoes. Not good. It's conceivable for raceday to have a 1:15 T2 maybe. That'd be awesome.

And I was WAY TOO FAST on the run. My goal pace for the race is 7:30/mile. I felt slow, but the numbers show otherwise.

Bike 1h 21m 02s 28.14 miles 20.84 Mi/hr

5:10 PM 28bike2run - Climb: 981.00 feet


1:22 T2 after the bike


Run 14m 10s 1.97 miles 07m 11s/Mi

6:30 PM 28bike2run - Climb: 207.00 feet

No comments: