Motivation

Motivation

Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Bus is serviced!

Last night, I helped Dad service the Hawkins for the trip to White Lake. We changed the oil (24+ quarts) and lubricated the chassis/drivetrain. It was fun to see it all up-close and personal, and I learned a lot about how motor coaches are built and operate! Thanks for the lesson, Dad!

Today's workout will be my last substantial brick before the race. 90-minute brisk bike (hopefully near race-pace), followed by a 15-minute run. I will practice a full-on transition this afternoon, assuming I'm coming to the transition mat from the swim. I don't have a wetsuit, but I will simulate that by adding 45 seconds to my T1 time. I will carry everything on the run that I'd need for the race. Might even do it in my team outfit...who knows? It needs to be washed before the race anyway.

No comments: