Motivation

Motivation

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday mountain riding

Bike 2h 12m 32s 46.56 miles 21.08 Mi/hr

2:10 PM Creston to Todd - Climb: 1906.00 feet


In Todd for the holiday. I was having breakfast with the families at Riverside near Todd, when all of a sudden about 50 cyclists converge on the lot. They were planning an 81-mile ride to Valle Crucis and back, through Trade, TN. I had obligations with the family, but we went back by the house, I got all my ride stuff, got the bike prepped. After our family time, my Dad, my father-in-law, my sons, and I all rode out to intercept the group ride. We stopped in Creston, NC, I unloaded the bike, and about a minute later, the front pack came by. I tried to catch them, but it was worthless---they were flying. I had a nice solo ride back to Todd, 20 miles, then did some out and backs along RR Grade Road. Good ride. Pulled the calf/tendon again on the flats, but no issues on the hills!??

Cyclists on this ride included Sonni Dyer, Justin Andrews, Stacey Richardson, all prepping for BSG and/or Over the Mountain, or BRB100. Cool.

No comments: