Motivation

Motivation

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Saturday run moved to Sunday, followed by long(ish) ride

The consignment sale was running Saturday, so my run had to be moved. Paul and I ran Umstead gate-to-gate Sunday morning, 6:30am start. We did and 8:10 average, which was plenty fast for me as a first run post-race. The left calf muscle tightened up at mile 2 or so, just like it did in the race (which it did at mile 14 or so), but it didn't worsen, and I could continue with no pain. It was nice to be able to run up the Corkscrew AND Cemetery without walking, unlike last weekend.

Rest a few hours, then get on the bike at 2pm for a ride. It was breezy, and I was tired, so could only muster 18.2 for 36.55 miles. A slow ride in my book, but I haven't ridden in 2 weeks, we had run earlier in the day on a hilly course (1260 ft. of climb in 10.4 miles), and I am one week post-marathon. Excuses, excuses.

No comments: