Motivation

Motivation

Monday, February 25, 2008

Under the weather-flu has struck

Had a good run with Paul last Thursday. 2 miles of single-track (Company Mill to Crabtree Creek and back) to warmup before meeting Paul for 6.1 on the b/b trails.

Friday, I awoke with a sore throat, and decided to not do the planned swim.

Saturday, I awoke, feeling better, but not 100%. Last longish run prior to the marathon. We did bridge to nowhere to Company Mill to Graylyn to Sycamore, back down Graylyn to Company Mill, back to bridge to nowhere. 10.1 miles. I felt pretty fair during the first half, but I could tell I was fatigued about mile 7. We were chasing Alex up Company Mill, and I was staying with him, but it was taking more effort than normal. Once we got back on the b/b trail and rounded the curve at Airport Overlook, Dusty and Rama took off and I had nothing to offer.

After the run and some Starbucks warmup, I met Lainey and the boys for a 3 mile walk over at Reedy Creek entrance, to show them some of the race route. I started feeling pretty bad once we got home. Checked the temperature-102 and rising.

All of Sunday was shot; fever, chills, aches, pains, etc.

Fever seems to have broken as of noon today. We'll see.

No comments: