Motivation

Motivation

Friday, February 8, 2008

Umstead run report, Friday swim report

Yesterday I did get to Umstead. I retraced the same route I ran last Wednesday. This was supposed to be an "easy" run, but I became pressed for time due to having to stay at work a little longer than expected. Thus, I cranked up the run a little. Sunday will be the easy day this week, and a little shorter distance.

I started at Reedy Creek entrance, and went down Company Mill to meet up with Reedy Creek b/b, crossed it to Company Mill Spur, then, popped out on Graylyn at the stone bridge, to pick up Sycamore and take it all the way up to the top of Graylyn. I was a little quicker through this section than last week, and did NOT turn my ankle on that same root that's gotten me twice already! Up to Graylyn gate, then back down to North Turkey Creek, all the way to Cedar Ridge. A little faster up Cedar Ridge than normal, then a little faster up the Reedy Creek hill past the lake, for an overall 8 second faster run than last week, with a little easier effort.

As for this morning's 5:15am swim, Paul had a 2300m workout planned.
Warm-up: 200 Swim, 200 Pull, 100 Kick
Main set: 4 * 25 FAST on :30, 100 easy pull, 4 * 50 on :50, 200 easy pull, 4 * 75 on 1:15, 300 easy pull, 4 * 100 on 1:40 Cool down: 200 Swim 2300m total

I was not in for that distance, so I did 1900 (dropping off the last 4*100). There's no way in the world I can hit those numbers, so I did the best I could. Longest swim workout in a while, and I'm feeling it.

Saturday 40+ mile bike.
Sunday 9ish mile run at Umstead.

No comments: