Motivation

Motivation

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Last long run, and it was a good one

Kevin and I started a little after 8am from Bridge to Nowhere. He's very fast, and was obviously holding back to run with me. We did the BTN-Reedy Creek-Turkey Creek South to North route together, then when we got to Graylyn, he turned left and headed back towards the start (he was only planning to run 15). I turned right and headed up to the Graylyn gate, and then retraced the route. 10 miles out, 10 miles back. 1:17:50 out, 1:15:53 back, for a 7:41 overall. If I can come within 20-30 seconds of that pace on race day for the full 26.2, I will be ecstatic. A great run, probably my toughest mentally, but I'm ready for the race now. Taper 3 weeks, then it's go-time! The hay is in the barn, as they say.

No comments: