Motivation

Motivation

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday long run in Umstead

Run 1h 28m 37s 11.62 miles 07m 38s/Mi

6:30 AM

The fast group...Harrison Entrance to Sal's Branch loop and back. I felt great for about 5/8 of this run, but my left calf started to tighten up after the single track, and I backed off the pace. We were MOVING through Sal's. Great run. I was cooked at the end. Highest mileage week in a while.

For future reference, it's 4.5 miles from the Harrison gate to Sal's Branch trailhead, so an out and back would be 9 miles. Sal's loop is 2.62 miles, so the full out and back plus loop is 11.62. A good alternative middle-distance run to go with the established 10 from BTN to Trenton and back, 14 around the Turkeys, and 20 out and back through the Turkeys (up to Graylyn gate). I enjoyed this route.

No comments: