Motivation

Motivation

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ironman 70.3 is upon us!

My training has been...good.  Not great, not excellent, but good.  I've been dodging injuries for the most part, but I'm concerned over the upcoming heat, expected for the weekend.

A few stats:

  • My largest triathlon ever, at over 2500 entries.
  • The most logistically difficult, with two different transition areas separated by over 30 road miles (T1 at Jordan Lake, T2 in downtown Raleigh).
  • My first non-wetsuit long-distance swim.  Water temperature is expected to be in the "wetsuit-allowed" range, but that would mean I would start in the very last wave, after 8:22 am.  I have no desire to be out on the hot course an hour later than planned.
  • My first race on my new frame!  2012 Demo Felt B12 frame, built up with components from my old B2.
  • My first race with a wheel cover.  Picked one up for not too expensive.  Looks neat, not sure if its effective.
  • My first race with such a large age group, nearly 450 in the M40-44 group.
My best-case-scenario goal is to be done by 12:40pm.  That would mean a 5:18 total time.  I'm going to hit it or go down trying!

No comments: