Motivation

Motivation

Friday, May 31, 2013

Final thoughts

The hay is in the barn.  I have prepared as well as I can.  While my swim is still my Achilles heel, I feel good with my bike and run at present.

I've been watching the Army Corps of Engineers' website for months, watching the water temperature steadily inch up towards the 76.1 mark.  If it crosses, Sunday is not a wetsuit-legal swim, and I will not wear one.  It will make my swim approximately 6 minutes slower without it, but I would rather start at 7:22 without it than at 8:22 with it.

My new B12 frame is dialed in, all the accessories are fitted up, and the bike is ready for 2.75 hours of torture Sunday.  I swapped back to the Minoura behind-the-seat bottle carrier, and added a "torpedo mount" water bottle up front, like I had at FS Half.  I will go without a downtube bottle, and just pick up water or Perform if needed on-course.

I have new speedlaces for the Mizuno Wave Mushas I wore for the Charleston Marathon.  I have been training in either my old Wave Mushas or the Brooks Pure Grits, so it'll be nice to run the race in some new shoes.

I have ridden the full bike course twice, and most of it 2 more times.  I have run the full run course twice, and most of it 2 more times.  I feel comfortable with both the bike and run courses, and have a good sense of where to push on the bike and where to hold back.  On the run, the middle miles will hurt, but once we get back to Dan Allen Drive, the overdrive can be kicked in.

Looking forward to Sunday!

No comments: