Motivation

Motivation

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hotter than hot

Man, this week's been a hot one.  Mid to upper 90s every day (it's 99F as I type this, according to my car thermometer).  This means either suck it up and run in the heat (not smart), or try to fit it in early or late.  Run days this week were Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. 

Tuesday was 5.2 miles at lunch (hot!), Thursday was 6 miles early a.m. (not hot, but humid), and Friday was 7 horribly hot and humid miles after work (95F runtime temp). 

Long run this morning was 75F at start, 79F at finish, for 12 miles on the ATT.  After 7 miles, I had to stop and take off my completely soaked shirt in order to continue the run...

Extra amounts of water are required, and it takes a bit to cool down afterwards.  Today's core temp reduction technique; family time at the pool in the afternoon.  The boys are becoming little fish in the water.  I'm hoping some of it rubs off on me!

No comments: