Motivation

Motivation

Friday, March 13, 2009

In the clear

The knee issues are over, swelling has decreased. Running feels good. I had a very enjoyable 5.25 mile one this morning, out the door at 5:55am, right after a band of showers had passed through (almost done). Very light drizzle, 43 degrees, and a new pair of shoes. I focused on staying smooth and breathing easy. The only technical portion of the run was 6x:30 strides on the way back home. I went out in 19 something. I returned in 17 something. It was a personal record for this course by 30 seconds. And I wasn't even trying...

Finished the run, stretched for a minute or two, then the bottom fell out. Talk about timing!

I'm not sure who's more excited about Shamrock; me for the chance to race again, or my son for the chance to stay in a hotel and order pizza while we're there?

The plan for the next week or so:
Saturday: set up the tri-bike on the trainer and get some time in there
Sunday: last medium-long run (12 miles). Target pace of 7:45.
Monday: off. Might swim, might just go to the gym to stretch/spa
Tuesday: 6 mile recovery run, 7:30 pace
Wednesday: 7 mile run w/2 at marathon pace (7:14)
Thursday: no run; swim, easy spin
Friday: 5 mile run w/6x100m strides (sub 7:30-pace)
Saturday: 4 mile easy run (7:45-8:00)
Sunday: Shamrock day!

No comments: