Motivation

Motivation

Monday, November 17, 2008

Run continues...other sports fall off...

Well, last week, I decided to see if my legs and body were ready to start again. I did a 5-day, 33+ mile week, just to see if that frequency was ready to explore. Nothing too intense, one 7:15 pace day, the rest fairly pedestrian. Other than having a wild IT band flareup at mile 3 of a 7-miler, everything felt good. Did an 11+ mile run in Umstead Saturday a.m. that was fantastic, then did a 5-1/4 miler Sunday morning in the chilly air at a gentle 8:01/mile pace, that also felt great.

I'll try the same approach this week, switching the runs around a little:

Monday Rest (actually 1 hour on the bike trainer this morning)
Tuesday 7 Mi w/ 10x100m strides. Likely an early a.m. ATT run...
Wednesday Rest (actually p.m. swim, then run 3.1 w/InsideOut Sports to fill up my run card and get a new pair of shoes!!)
Thursday 9 Mi easy. Maybe go play in Umstead after work...
Friday Rest (spin class, then brief swim)
Saturday 4 Mi recovery
Sunday 12 Mi medium long

36ish miles planned this week.

1 comment:

ncrunner12 said...

Looks like a great week, it's getting brutally cold out here so it's been hard for me to get out in the mornings.

I like the spin class idea.